Monday, February 6, 2012

Roast Kansas City Strip Loin with Garlic-Herb Crust

Hey everyone, I'm Ryan! I am a pro photographer by trade but I also LOVE spending time in the kitchen and trying out new recipes. I just figured that given my love for both the camera and the cutting board that I would have some fun with it and this seemed to be the perfect avenue!

Un-like my counterpart on here I will likely just post a recipe at a time versus a whole meal. I wish I had the patience to make a full meal from scratch like she does but I generally chimp out with few sides and if any they are pretty quick ones.


To start off with I figured I would post up one of my all time favorite steak dishes. This dish is a bit pricey to buy everything for and yields about 10 servings so I mainly make it on holidays or dinner parties.

Ingredients 


  • 4 garlic cloves
  • 8 fresh sage leaves
  • 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
  • 4 teaspoons olive oil
  • 4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

  • 1 4 to 5 pound boneless beef loin KC Strip roast(Or New York strip depending on where you are), fat trimmed to 1/4 inch

Preparation



With machine running, drop garlic into processor; blend until finely chopped. Add sage, thyme, oil, salt and pepper; process until paste forms.


Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover; chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)



Preheat oven to 450°F. Place meat, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast meat 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Roast meat until instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes (or 140°F for medium, about 40 minutes).




 Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange slices on platter.


Just look at that succulent herb crust! The flavor permeates the meat all the way through and makes it just mouth watering delicious! 



Well, thats all for this go around but stay tuned for some good ones!! 

-Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment